Tuesday, October 15, 2013

butterflies

Before the government shut down, Mason and I ventured to the Museum of Natural History's Butterfly Pavilion, a fee-based, interactive experience with live butterflies. Now you all know that I detest paying admission fees in a city where myriad free activities abound, so we went on a Tuesday, when admission is free.

And let me tell you, for a free outing, it was totally worth it! But I'm glad we didn't pay for it. The pavilion was much smaller than I expected and we didn't stay long as the big, colorful butterflies swarming around our heads (and even landing on some people) slightly freaked Mason out. This is the closest he would get to a butterfly:


The range of beautiful plants was impressive and some of the butterflies were huge! I couldn't believe how friendly they were. I will go back again, as long as it's on a Tuesday!

Have you been to this exhibit? What did you think?

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Missing your posts! I need a Dr Blondie nugget of wisdom or Mason adventure in my life :) Hope all is well!

Allison said...

I miss your posts - hope you are well!