Friday, August 2, 2013

beach bound

Photo credit: www.topsailbeach.com
We're spending the next week at a new beach this year. Topsail, here we come!

The week prior to vacation is the craziest of my summer. Making lists, doing laundry, cleaning the house, going to the library to check out books and DVDs, running to Target to stock up on necessities, and packing everything under the sun, all while trying to keep an active toddler engaged, entertained, and on his schedule--it's enough to make me question, "Is taking a vacation worth it?"

Yes, I believe it is. And the first glimpse of the blue waves and smell of the salty air will solidify my decision.

Topsail is supposedly even more remote than Duck, but I'd love to run into a Dr. Blondie reader like I did last year. I know the chances are slim, but let me know if you'll be at Topsail next week!


No comments: