Wednesday, July 10, 2013

chicken trick

I've seen this tip all over the Internet for a while now, but I've been hesitant to try it because it kind of grossed me out. But I finally did it and now I'm a huge fan. Put your leftover roasted chicken (skin and bones removed) in the food processor to make chicken salad.


It's so easy and it takes about 30 seconds or 10-15 pulses to get your leftover chicken the perfect consistency for chicken salad. I will never make chicken salad any other way again. Speaking of chicken salad, here's my new favorite recipe. I love using plain, nonfat Greek yogurt instead of mayonaise, and if you are like my husband and detest celery, substitute it with apples instead--even better flavor without losing the crunch!

Now, if I could only find a trick or tool to pluck that roasted bird for me. Removing a bird's bones and skin has got to be one of the worst cooking preparation tasks ever, which is why I normally sacrifice some flavor and cheat by using boneless, skinless chicken breasts for everything.

Have you tried chicken in the food processor yet? What did you think?

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

That's how I make my chicken salad - although I leave some pieces out and dice them for more texture.