Tuesday, May 28, 2013

these roses will knock me out

In early March, I pruned my knockout rose bushes to a diameter of about 1.5-2 feet. Now, only 10 weeks later, they've at least doubled in size. They are already too big for their bed.


At this rate if left unattended, they will be bigger than my house by their final bloom in December/January. I love them, though. Seeing their vibrant blooms spill out into my yard makes me happy. I'd love to add yellow to my rose collection, but I have no room left for another bush, especially one that will probably end up gargantuan.

2 comments:

Katie said...

SO jealous! They are beautiful!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So pretty! I just swoon over the bright, cheerful colors this time of year. A great reward for putting up with a nearly endless winter!

KK