Friday, April 5, 2013

100,000 miles

My 2003 Mitsubishi Gallant, which Brad and I have owned for more than 10 years, hit 100,000 miles recently. In one year, I've barely put 3,000 miles on it, and most of those occurred when I was still commuting to College Park regularly for work. At that rate, this car may just last forever.

This car runs fine and it's paid for, so I have no intentions of giving it up anytime soon, especially when I rarely drive it. I have been driving for 23 years (what?!) and I've had three cars. Brad's had three cars in his 21 years of driving. I guess we both hang on to cars long past their prime. Mason may just inherit a 2003 Gallant once he starts driving!

How many cars have you had in your driving years? How many miles did you push your car to before you gave it up?


4 comments:

lnipaver said...

you are LUCKY. I had 180,000 on my last when I turned it in. I am at 73K in just over 2 years!

Mrs. said...

Wow -- my car had just over 200,000 (most from my dad's work commute, as it was a hand-me-down car). We went to one car after we got married, but it was a sad day trading it in!

rainsthoughts said...

I had three cars before I met McRuger. My first car was a black 1979 Ford Fairmont. It was straight out of the Godfather movies. Then a Honda and then a used Volvo. My family is well-known for running our cars into the ground. My father's truck currently has 300K miles on it and my mom's car is over 200K.

Now I have a Hyundai with 90k and I can't wait to get a minivan! But, it's probably going to be a while.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Funny story. I have a 2002 Gallant. That I will drive until it dies. Still runs great. It's paid for. Like you, I see no need to replace it out of vanity.

KK