Monday, March 11, 2013

refrigerator space saver

Brad thinks my practice of cutting off egg cartons as I use the eggs is totally weird, but I happen to think it's brilliant. Why waste precious refrigerator space on a huge egg carton that only has two left inside? (Side note: my fridge does not have one of those nifty storage units for eggs.) Does anyone else do this? I can't be the only one!

Here's my tip: start trimming from the end withOUT the expiration date. I only had to make that mistake once.


How do you save space in the fridge?

3 comments:

becky fleeson said...

I do this too! George is always looking at me wide-eyed like I'm crazy though! Glad I'm not the only one!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

IF/when you start composting, this would also be a good practice because then you've already broken the carton down a bit for the compost bin!

Jen V said...

This is brilliant! I've never thought to do that.

Also, you're not really supposed to put raw eggs in the door thingy because they risk not being cold enough.