Friday, February 1, 2013

Downton Abbey

Photo credit
Longtime readers know that I am not at all a television person. I turn on the tube on my own initiative once every three or four months--and that's something that hasn't changed since becoming a stay-at-home-mom. I can barely finish a book (my preference) these days, so who has time for TV? Not me!

Except, I've fallen victim to the Downton Abbey craze. I blame Brad. After buying Apple TV around the holidays to have a means to stream, he signed us up for a free trial of Netflix. I noticed the first season of Downton Abbey was offered, and decided to see what all the buzz was about.

I'm now hopelessly addicted. I'm about to finish season two. (But unfortunately, I know what went down in the most recent episode. There were too many spoilers on facebook and the blogosphere--I couldn't avoid finding out. And this knowledge will inevitably affect how I watch the remaining episodes of season two and the beginning of season three.) Regardless of knowing about the doom that's coming, I now want to watch Downton Abbey every night. So much for reading more books!

Any other Downton Abbey fans out there? When did you start watching it?


3 comments:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Me! Me! We got rid of our cable several months ago but have Netflix on our downstairs TV. Abel and I both watched seasons 1 & 2 straight through then had to wait for season 3. We don't have a DVR but get the networks and public TV on our bedroom (via an antenna). SO, now I have a VERY strict TV date every Sunday at 9pm! It's funny to be tethered to a specific time to watch a show again after all these years, but I can't miss it!

kerryandtorey said...

I am a huge fan too!

Mrs. said...

Yes!! We're just finishing season 1 (hopefully this weekend)!

I saw that something big happened on Sunday's show, but I still don't know what.

Here's hoping I can hurry up and catch up!