Friday, February 15, 2013

Corduroy and 39

My birthday restaurant of choice was Corduroy this year, and Brad and I had a fabulous time. The food was excellent. We opted for the five-course tasting menu--it was a great way to sample a variety of dishes and to really get a feel for the restaurant. Granted, it was no Komi, but it was also half the price of Komi. I would definitely return to Corduroy for the food.

My only complaint, like most years, was about the lighting. Brad and I sat in a cozy little booth tucked away in the back of the restaurant, which we loved, except for the kitchen light glaring through a faux window in our booth. Why, oh why, do so few restaurants-even the high-end ones-fail to understand the concept of a romantic, intimate atmosphere? Dim those lights, people! Keep the kitchen lights and noise far, far away from the dining room. Don't underestimate the power of a votive candle or two. This is not rocket science!

On another note, how am I 39 already? I think I need to do something big this year to end my 30s with a bang. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

Glad you enjoyed your special night. What a great idea . . .