Wednesday, February 13, 2013

blue orchid

For my birthday, Mason gave me something I've admired for years: a blue orchid.


I love how the brilliant blue pops against all the green in my kitchen.


These pretty blue blossoms cost $5 extra than the regular, white orchids.

So imagine my surprise, and dismay, when I removed the orchid's tag, flipped it over, and read, "With a little bit of magic, we turn a white orchid blue! New blooms will be gorgeous white!"

What? I thought I had selected a plant that would forever produce gorgeous blue blooms. I guess I'd better enjoy these while I can!

Still on the quest for that perfect, brilliant blue...

1 comment:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

That's so funny! I bet their "magic" was water with some blue food coloring, which you could replicate at home!