Friday, December 28, 2012

wise choices

Thanks to both sets of grandparents for free babysitting on Thanksgiving and Christmas, Brad and I have now enjoyed two excellent movies--the only two movies in the theater that we've seen together since Mason joined our family.




We made wise movie choices, and I'm so relieved. I am rooting for both of these masterpieces come Academy Awards time! (I saw Les Mis, the musical, nearly 15 years ago, and I loved it then, but now I've fallen in love all over again. I am DYING to read the book now, but am I am for another 1,200+ page tome?)

Has anyone else seen Lincoln or Les Miserables? What did you think? What movies have you enjoyed this holiday season?

4 comments:

Diane Mannina said...

I read the abridged version a while back... yes, you do miss some of the historical pieces but not too much of the story line. It's beautifully written!

Esther said...

great minds think alike! We also saw Lincoln on Thanksgiving Day and Les Mis on Christmas Day! We enjoyed them both, especially Les Mis! :)

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. said...

We just saw Les Mis yesterday and loved it! And we saw Lincoln a few weeks back, and liked it equally.

I'm intrigued for Oscar season!