Monday, December 10, 2012

common grammar mistake

While strolling to the park with Mason over the weekend, Brad and I noticed the following sign attached to a street light in our neighborhood.


Do you see the mistake? Take a closer look.


How about now?


Now why on earth would the word holiday be possessive? Perhaps the person who created this sign should read my post on possessives vs. plurals.

Has anyone received a holiday card with this or a similar mistake? I suspect you'll receive at least one this season!

5 comments:

Susannah said...

Oh man, that's awful. They should have a proofreader....maybe you could do that from home! :)

Jen V said...

That mistake really bugs me. I often wish I had a red pen for FB posts for this very reason. It's particularly egregious on a sign on a lamp post!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Wow. I can not believe that made it into production and got hung up! I presume there are dozens of them? How embarrassing -- and on Capitol Hill, no less!

rainsthoughts said...

Ohhhh, I saw the mistake right away. I'm the kind of person who is sitting in a restaurant making mental corrections of the menu!

Renee Rodriguez said...

I have the urge to go double check our holiday cards now! :)