Friday, December 21, 2012

cards display

I love receiving photo holiday cards. But until this year, they've remained in a lovely stack on my kitchen counter until the holidays passed, I looked through them all one more time, and then threw the cards away.

This year, I decided that we needed to enjoy these cards a little more. They aren't cheap. And our friends and family have put in substantial time and effort to create and send them, not to mention their generosity in keeping us on their mailing list year after year.

I retrieved a roll of tape from our office and set it on the kitchen counter to have handy during mail time. As cards come in, I tape them on our half-bathroom door, which is conveniently located in our kitchen, right across from Mason's high chair. He delights in admiring all of the bah-bahs (babies) while eating his breakfast and lunch. I find myself looking at the cards much more now that they're on display. Our guests can enjoy them, too.

The only challenge now is having enough space to hang them out of Mason's reach. Our collection may have to expand to the walls!

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love it! What a great idea. I always struggle with what to do with them as well. I'll have to remember this next year.

Thrift Store Mama said...

I've been meaning to do something similar. It's not so critical with the cards from friends that we see everyday, but the cards from their (many) cousins should be displayed. Hmmm, now to find an empty wall surface !

Jennifer said...

We went crazy and have three trees in our house this year (to make up for lack of furniture, I think). One is now decorated with cards! It started out decorated as a nice yet impersonal tree, and now it's just fun to see all of the cards and photos.