Tuesday, November 13, 2012

the end

The last movie in the Twilight Saga opens later this week, and I can barely believe it.

When the first Twilight movie opened in the fall of 2008, the books were relatively unfamiliar to me. After hearing significant buzz about the movie (which is awful, compared to the books and even the rest of the movies in the series), I jumped on the bandwagon and devoured the books. I read the entire series, including Midnight Sun, twice, back-to-back. Ah, what a glorious summer 2009 was!

New Moon was the first Twilight movie I saw in the theater. I received a boxed set of the books for Christmas that year and devoured them again. I attended the midnight premieres of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, Part 1, the latter being the only movie I've seen in the theater since Mason arrived.

In preparation for seeing the last movie, Breaking Dawn Part 2, this weekend, I've picked up the first book again. It's been years since I've read Twilight, but I'm finding myself drawn back in--teen angst, first love, sparkly vampires, shoddy writing, and all--and loving this book as much as I did the first time. I'm a sucker for romance, and the rawness of this one gets me every time.

Fellow Twihards, can you believe it's over? Are you seeing the movie later this week?




No comments: