Friday, November 30, 2012

Gone Girl

After nearly eight weeks of watching my name slowly inch up on my local library's hold list, I finally have it in my hands: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, my book club's January selection.

I don't know where I started on the hold list, but after four weeks of waiting, I checked in to see that I had moved up to #135. Are you kidding me? I had no idea of this book's popularity until then.

Knowing the basic premise of this book, I don't expect an uplifting story or any warm and fuzzy feelings. But, I do hope to get hooked. I am in desperate need of a book I cannot put down--I haven't had one of those since Mason's birth, which is a small part of the reason that I've only read 5-6 books this year instead of my normal 50-60. (Mason's mostly to blame, in all the best ways of course, for my reading less.)

I also hope to fly through this book because the library will only let me keep it for three weeks--books with hold lists can't be renewed. I haven't finished a book in three weeks or less since Mason arrived. We'll see if I can do it this time.

Have you read Gone Girl? Will this book hook me? If not, what book will?


3 comments:

Amy- Taylors East said...

I bet you'll finish it in 2 days. I did. Have fun!

Mrs. said...

Oh my -- I read it in 4 days last week. I even ducked out of Thanksgiving dinner early to read. It was too good to put down!

Caitlin @ Pacifier In My Pocket said...

You are right, not uplifting at all. But it is pretty captivating in a horrible way. I think it will hook you. I waited on my library's list for months before I got a copy.