Monday, October 22, 2012

children's book recommendations

Mason's favorite book seems to change weekly. He went through a stage around eight or nine months where he would writhe with excitement at the mere sight of Little Ladybug and Tails.



Mason selects the books we read. Here are a few of his current favorites:





Of course, like any avid reader, I have my own favorites:






Nearly all of my most beloved books have come from personal recommendations, and I'm on the market for suggestions as I will soon compile Mason's Christmas list. What are your children's favorite books? Which ones do you most enjoy (and not tire of) reading?

3 comments:

Amy- Taylors East said...

Maevy still reads Little Yellow, Little Blue. I'll have to look in Carter's room for some more recommendations- anything by Eric Carle or Sandra Boyton. Also a Mother for Choco.

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Fun! When I was reading to Nathaniel the other night, I thought I have to suggest these books to Rebecca....

Who Said Moo? -- great for practicing animal sounds and interacation.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
Hola Jalapeno

Those three are really fun to read. Also, in a bit, two more books we really love are:
House Mouse Senate Mouse (great gift from Daddy?)
Wild About Books

kerryandtorey said...

we like most of the Sandra Boynton books. Also, another vote for Who Said Moo!

Brown Bear, Brown Bear and The Night You Were Born, Dear Zoo, and any of the Where is Baby's Belly Button series were favorites when H was younger (and some still are).