Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a first for everything

After being married for more than ten years and eating 95% of our meals at home (that I prepare), guess what I just did for the first time?

I made breakfast for dinner, specifically, waffles and omelettes with cherry tomatoes, arugula, and cheese.


This meal tasted amazing, was quick to make, and allowed me to use up a number of perishable items in the fridge. Mason gobbled it up.

Yep, now I see what all the rage is about. 

What are your favorite breakfast-for-dinner dishes?

6 comments:

Diane Mannina said...

I would like to take some credit for convincing you that breakfast for dinner is a good idea. ;)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I eat breakfast for dinner several times a month. Usually an omelet with spinach and feta. Mmmm!

KK

Katie said...

When I was a kid, we would get biscuits and gravy for dinner - so unhealthy but so good!!!

Jennifer said...

We do it frequently, usually making waffles or pancakes with eggs (occasionally bacon). It pleases all of the picky eaters in my house, and (as long as there's no bacon), it's a very cheap meal. We generally top the waffles with berries, fresh or frozen. French toast has also made an appearance some nights, especially if we have good bread that is drying out.

Lisa said...

Breakfast is my most favorite meal and I eat it whenever I get a chance. My kids used to ask for breakfast, brunch and brinner for their birthday meals. Their second favorite meal was grilled cheese sandwiches.and soup, which was all the tidbit leftovers frozen in a container and boiled in chicken broth. Cheap and easy, just like a guys ideal date.

rainsthoughts said...

I love having a hash-brown scramble. Toss in a little tomato, some peppers, and mushrooms...yummy! I makes breakfast for dinner at least once a month, as it's a great way to use up leftovers creatively!