Wednesday, August 22, 2012

vacationing with a babe

Everyone told me that vacations would be a lot different once children came along.


That was an understatement.


We still had a fabulous time, though!


It just wasn't at all restful. But how could it be? My boy exudes energy. That doesn't change in a new environment.


We got rained out for two whole days at the beach, but managed to make it to the pool each day. I only read about 20 pages of my book the entire week. Traffic getting there was atrocious. Mason had his own room in the condo, but he cried every time we took him in there and he refused to nap most days. But those early morning strolls on the beach, with Mason holding tight to Brad's and my index fingers while he hobbled along in between us?


They were priceless and are some of the many vacation memories that I will treasure forever.

3 comments:

Red Stethoscope said...

I love that family picture! Everyone looks tan and happy and Mason's expression is priceless!

Renee said...

I also love the family photo, especially Mason's expression!

Jennifer said...

Love the family photo! Wonderful!