Monday, August 27, 2012

blank slate

Today marks my first day on the job as full-time Dr. Mommy, and my nearly empty calendar stares back at me, intimidating, exciting, and promising, all at the same time.

You see, I'm at the uncertain phase where I've just deleted numerous reoccurring events such as staff meetings, classes, section leader meetings, approving time sheets, and the like, but I have yet to fill my calendar with new commitments and routines.  I don't expect this season to last long--I certainly will still find ways to over schedule and over commit myself.

However, for the moment, I will enjoy this blank slate. The possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

Amy- Taylors East said...

You should join Junior League. They'll put you to work! :)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I totally agree that you should join the JLW! It's awesome- you'll love it- totally my big girl sorority.

Congrats on making the big leap to being a full time Dr. Momma! Enjoy your little man!

KK

Rachel Weatherly said...

I'm available for a play date any time!