Monday, July 16, 2012

shorts!

I used to be a shorts gal. As a child, during high school and college, and even well into my 20s, I sported cute shorts for as much of the year as the weather allowed. But then I moved to DC, got married, and for some reason that I can't remember, decided that shorts were no longer hip and that I wouldn't be caught dead in them outside of my house.

For nearly 10 years, I snubbed these comfortable and cute garments, but I'm thrilled to say that I've finally come to my senses. I am in LOVE with shorts this summer! And, they perfectly complement my new career as Dr. Mommy.

2 comments:

Susannah said...

I have the EXACT same history with shorts and have rediscovered my love for them this summer! Now that mommyhood is the name of the game, I'm not self-indulged enough to obsess about the appearance of my gams and am more concerned with coolness and comfort.

Rachel Weatherly said...

Honey, if I had your legs, I'd wear shorts all year! I'm doing the world a favor and sticking to capris. ;)