Thursday, July 26, 2012

my budding vampire

See those four pearly whites on Mason's bottom gum? He has a matching set on the top, and boy does he like to use them.

When Mason was teething, he bit me a few times while nursing, but he hasn't done that in months. People's shoulders are now his meal of choice. He's a smooth operator, though. As you hold him, he leans back to look you squarely in the face. His big blue eyes capture yours, and then he smiles and flirts. Sometimes he coos and gently touches your face. He may play with your hair or appear fascinated by your earrings.  And then, just when you least expect it, he goes in for the kill, sinking his eight little teeth firmly into your shoulder.

This boy has left teeth marks before, even on his own arm!

Brad and I immediately established a discipline system, trying to nip this potential bad behavior in the bud. I'm trying to keep my little man from turning into a vampire who preys on innocent children in the church nursery. Why didn't anyone tell me that discipline would start so early?

4 comments:

AMRJ said...

this is the perfect pic to post with your blog post for today. :)

Amy Hill said...

What a cutie! I love that vampire smile!! I found short time-outs to be pretty effective even when they are young. Good luck!

Meg said...

Tell me about it! My first child did not prepare me for this. I'm covered in bruises/bite marks from our little vampire!

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed browsing26 your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!…