Tuesday, May 22, 2012

great finds

I love a good used book sale. And although we went to the sale to get some board books for Mason and only came home with one, Brad and I found plenty of options for ourselves. We bought 11 books for only $6!

I found a couple of parenting books that I've been wanting to read. I am especially excited about 1-2-3 Magic and Baby Sign Language Basics. I loved and swear by The Happiest Baby on the Block, so I'm eager to see if The Happiest Toddler on the Block is as worthwhile.


I also bought some fluff for myself. My lack of reading since Mason's arrival has been troubling me, especially lately, and I need a light selection to help me rediscover the joy of reading. I hope one or both of these will do the trick.


Now that I have seven new books on my nightstand, plus May's book club selection that I didn't finish in time for the meeting, plus January's book club selection that I'm still slogging through, I need to start staying awake longer at bedtime. I have a lot of reading to do.

2 comments:

Amy- Taylors East said...

You know I love Dr. Karp. I skimmed the toddler book at target one day. We didn't really have too many issues to have use most of the theories.

I would recommend getting this portable Quick Reference Guide for sign language- https://www.babysigns.com/products/product_details.cfm?id=150&cat=52

I was so impressed with how many signs Maevy learned and how helpful it was, especially after she turned 1. Good luck!

momto8blog said...

$6 for 11 books...wow!! what a find!!
I know in my house we can neve have too many books...someone is always reading...