Friday, April 20, 2012

sick babe

My sweet little babe woke up in the middle of the night earlier this week, feverish and projectile vomiting. It was awful. All three of us were up nearly all night. Mason cried and whimpered, and Brad and I took turns caring for and comforting him.

Other parents have warned me about how awful it is when kids get sick, but I had no idea. The pitiful look in Mason's eyes that said, "Mommy, help me!" and the desperate note in his cry nearly killed me.

Thankfully, the bug passed, and Mason soon returned to his smiling, talking, and jumping self. Praise God for quick healing, for all of our sakes. I can't take it when my baby's miserable.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Oh poor baby! That is the worst when they get sick and are too little to understand why they don't feel good. Glad he is feeling better and that you made it through.

BBH said...

Poor baby! I'm glad he's feeling better!