Monday, March 26, 2012

wee fun

Several friends recommended the Wee-Sale in Annapolis, and it coincided with my spring break, so Mason and I braved the chaos and the crowds. I had never been to a consignment sale before, and I had no idea what to expect. We arrived right when it started and although Mason was tired and hungry, he was a trooper for the nearly two hours we were there (that I had to carry him either in the Ergo or my arms, as strollers weren't allowed).

The inventory was overwhelming, but then I discovered the awesome boutique section right as I was about to check out, and I doubled my loot in about five minutes. Love, love, LOVE designer brands at dirt-cheap prices!!

I spent $81 and I ended up with the following items:
  • 8 complete outfits (6 of them designer)
  • 1 sleeper
  • 3 onesies
  • 1 pair shorts
  • 3 swim shirts (2 different sizes)
  • 5 pairs of swim trunks (2 different sizes) (Mason really doesn't need this many swimming outfits, but they came as multi-packs, and I figured I'd need two different sizes to get through the summer.)
  • 1 bucket hat that matches one of the swim suits
With this being my first consignment sale, I have no idea how I did in terms of bargains, but I do feel like I got a lot for my money. This sale occurs twice a year, and I'll certainly return to stock up on fall and winter items. 

5 comments:

Doctor Blondie said...

Oh, wow, sounds great!

Solitary Diner said...

It's amazing how much cheaper second-hand baby clothes are. One of my friends buys most of her baby stuff off of Kijiji, and she'll get entire boxes of clothing for $20-30. Definitely a good way to be budget conscious.

Amy- Taylors East said...

Oh yes...welcome to the world of consignment. It can be treacherous, but usually worth it. It's always good to go with a plan of action. I'm heading to one this weekend to find Maev a few summer pieces.

Carrie - LittleLlamas said...

Yeah for Jon Jons!! :)

BBH said...

Very cute! I recently went to my first consignment sale too and racked up on smocked dresses for Caroline! I figure, the babies that wore them didn't wear them too long before they grew out of them!