Wednesday, March 7, 2012

relief

I did it. I quit!

I have agonized over this decision for months. And, I've always known the right answer--I was just too scared to step out in faith. Why, when the Lord shows himself faithful again and again and again, do I still let worry and doubt consume me? Why am I so disillusioned to think that I am in charge and not God? Ha!

After months of hemming, hawing, crying, fretting, analyzing, and trying to manipulate and control the situation, finally, I said, "Enough!" And I turned it over to the Lord.

I used to think that quitting my job to stay home with Mason would be one of the scariest things I'd ever do. It turns out that it wasn't. I've felt nothing but intense relief since finalizing this decision. Praise God for wiping away my worry and doubt, and for granting Brad and me peace.

Thanks to so many of you who have encouraged me and prayed for me regarding this situation. I have lots more to share with you soon. Stay tuned!

16 comments:

Amy Hill said...

Wow! Congrats on your decision and best of luck! It is hard. I know I miss Gemstone still. But I love being home with my girls, too. Send me a note sometime. I'd love to hear the details - will you stay on for a little while to transition? How did Jim take it? I know they will all miss you like crazy there!

Congrats!

Renee said...

I am so happy that you are so happy!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Wow! Congratulations! Welcome to the hardest--but most rewarding--job ever! :)

CharCof said...

The Lord is faithful, Rebecca, and I am encouraged by your faithfulness to Him =) Will be thinking of you and praying for you during this time of transition!

Diane Mannina said...

Big :)!!! Way to lean on His faithfulness and promise to provide in this decision. So happy for you guys.

allison kee said...

Happy for you!

Susannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susannah said...

Oh my goodness, Rebecca!!! I'm SOOOO excited and happy for you! I read the title to the post and started grinning from ear to ear immediately. I can't wait to hear more details. I'm sure Mason is giddy.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh Rebecca- I am so thrilled for you! I could tell this was coming and it seems like the best decision for both you and Mason. Congratulations! Is this immediate or at the end of the semester. Either way- good for you!

KK

rebecca fleeson said...

so thankful for your friendship and honesty and loved seeing you on Sunday! I'm proud of you for making the tough decision and look forward to hearing your adventures with Mason full time!

tnthomas1 said...

Congratulations! So happy for you, Mason and Brad.

wee said...

SOOOO happy for you!

SusanL said...

So happy for you!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy for you!

Caitlin said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you'll be able to stay home with Mason. It is all going to work out fine. Yay!

Stacy said...

So excited for you - will be praying for you as the details work out and you start your new career! Hugs to all of you!!!