Tuesday, January 3, 2012

take your makeup to work day

Have you ever had one of those days where you anticipate a breakdown? When we were going through fertility treatments, I often took my makeup to work with me in anticipation of my nurse calling around lunchtime with results and/or next steps. Whether those phone calls contained good or bad news, I usually needed to do a little midday repair to my face, at least enough to get me out of my office and to the car without completely alarming anyone.

I'm bringing my makeup with me to work today. It's January 3rd, and I'm heavyhearted.

10 comments:

Renee said...

I hope your first day back goes well. HUGS to you!

Solitary Diner said...

So sorry you're having to go back so soon. Hope it goes well and that you're able to find some enjoyment in being back at work (along with the quite understandable sadness).

Amy- Taylors East said...

Good luck today. I promise you and Baby Mason will survive!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Good luck! Thinking of you today!!!

Susannah said...

Good luck! I'm sure the Gemstone staff will be both understanding and empathetic of runny mascara.

Amy Hill said...

Hope your day goes well today! I'm thinking about you!!

KtownP said...

Thinking about you today! ((Hugs))

ASP said...

Thinking of you...and hoping today goes well. XXXXX

Jennifer said...

I hope it is going well! Good luck!

Rachel Weatherly said...

Aw. I hope your first week back has been good. I know Mason is happy to see you when you get home!