Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011 reading analysis

All of these statistics are down from last year, but I think I have a pretty good excuse as to why. I still met my reading goals for 2011.
  • Total # of Books Started and Finished = 22 read and 7 audio for a GRAND TOTAL of 29
  • Average # of Books Read Per Month = 1.83 (read) or 2.42 (read/listened to)
  • Best Reading Month = January (7)
  • Worst Reading Month = December (0)
  • Total Pages Read This Year = 7,805
  • Average Pages Per Book =354
  • Average Pages Read Per Day = 21
  • Average Pages Read Per Month = 650
  • Total # of Fiction Books Read = 15 (+7 listened to)
  • Total # of Nonfiction Books Read = 7
  • Total # of Classics = 8 (also included in the fiction tally)
  • Total # of Books Reread = 0
  • Total # of Chunksters (450+ pages) Read = 4
  • FAVORITE read of 2011: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
  • Lesson learned: Don't select a tome for a married reading challenge and expect it to go smoothly!
2011 lacked a book craze like past years, probably because I didn't read enough. I need to work on that. I'm ready to get obsessed by a book and/or series again--I'm due! Any recommendations?

3 comments:

allison kee said...

Hunger Games series if you haven't read that already, State of Wonder by (Nashville resident) Ann Patchett, and lastely Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott. It is a great book about the first year of her son's life.

kerryandtorey said...

I heard the story of Amanda Hocking's series on NPR (http://www.npr.org/2012/01/08/144804084/a-self-published-authors-2-million-cinderella-story) but have not bought one of her ebooks yet.

Also, I liked Cutting for Stone and the Tennis Partner by Abraham Verghese.

Amy Hill said...

I've been re-reading the Clan of the Cave Bear series again.There's a new sixth book that just came out this year that I haven't read yet. Can't wait! Good job on your reading. In a few years, you'll be able to get back into reading again. I started keeping track of my reading after being inspired by you. This past year I read 29 books.

I've been thinking about you and wondering how going back to work has been for you and Mason. Hope all is well!