- Select and prepare one recipe per month that challenges me (i.e. involves an in-depth procedure or a technique or piece of equipment that is unfamiliar to me).
- 400 miles
- I'd like to work on speed this year. I'll never be a fast runner, but I slowed down a little in 2010, and I'm not happy about it. So, by July 1st, I hope to reduce my minutes/mile pace by 30 seconds/mile for my standard five-mile run before work. By December 31st, I hope to finish this standard run one minute per mile faster.
In addition to all selections for both book clubs I'm in, I will read the following books:
- My tome/challenge for the year (and a fun endeavor with Brad--more on this later): The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Books I am embarrassed to admit I have never read: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
- Loved the audio version so much that now I have to read it (and also another book I'm embarrassed to admit I've never read): Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- In my backyard (I grew up 70 miles from Hannibal, MO, the home of Mark Twain and Tom Sawyer Days every July, yet I've never read Twain's work.): The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain