Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mason's room: DIY projects

I'm not much of a do-it-yourself type of decorator. But, I refuse to pay ridiculous prices for simple things like window valances and lampshades. So, I attempted those two projects on my own.

I had made a window valance before. I whipped up this one during Mason's nap when he was about a month old.


I found a great video on You Tube that demonstrated how to cover a lamp shade with fabric. I had the toile fabric affixed before Mason arrived; I added the turquoise ribbon after we got home.


With the leftover material and ribbon, I followed this awesome gal's tutorial to make some burp cloths. Again, I sewed the toile material in advance and added the ribbon after Mason arrived.


What do-it-yourself projects are you not afraid of?

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Adorable! I love the two fabrics in the window treatment. Such a happy little boy room!