Monday, November 7, 2011

to run again

I did it! Six weeks and six days after giving birth, I got back on the horse--I went for a run.

I ran two miles without walking, and I even ran up the hill at the start of my route. (After the first heat wave of late spring, I excused myself from running up hills while pregnant.) My legs wobbled a little. My time was slow, but not nearly as slow as when I ran at 40 weeks pregnant in the heat. What a difference it makes to run without a big belly!

Although I enjoyed the few minutes of alone time, the crisp November air in my lungs, and the feeling of accomplishment, I still missed my little running partner, the one who's accompanied me on every run of 2011. Suddenly, I was alone again, just how it used to be . . .  and at the same time, nothing like it used to be.

2 comments:

The Fledgling Mom said...

Awesome!

Solitary Diner said...

Congrats! I can't even find the time/motivation to run without a baby, so I'm impressed.