Monday, November 21, 2011

romantic dinners

Mason's birth has brought many changes to my life, but the most unexpected is the number of romantic dinners Brad and I have eaten in the past two months.

Because Mason's downstairs station is in our dining room, if he is napping there during dinner, we keep the lights up just high enough to see our plates. Thank goodness for dimmer switches! I can't imagine that any restaurant I choose for my birthday dinner in the future will be able to match the lovely, low-light atmosphere at home these days.

Low light and a soft serenade of lullabies and baby coos coming from the pack 'n play--a dinner at home doesn't get much better than that, especially on the rare nights that we can finish a meal uninterrupted.

1 comment:

ASP said...

So sweet! Dinnertime may not be what it used to be around here, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! ;) I love this post!