Friday, October 21, 2011

October recipe challenge: making dinner again

It's been a lovely month off from cooking while getting to know Mason and adjusting to my new life. We've been blessed with baby meals; I've done little more than reheat a dish in the microwave since Mason arrived.

On Mason's four-week birthday, I cooked my first post-baby meal, which I am counting as my October challenge. It was an easy meal, but just getting any food on the table these days with a newborn and his constant demands is challenge enough. And, I made this meal on a Saturday, which meant Brad was home and watching Mason while I did the (minimal) prep work. My next challenge should involve making dinner on a weeknight when Brad isn't here to help me.

I made rare tuna with a slight sear, one of my favorite homemade meals that was off limits during pregnancy. Leftover tomato and basil made for some tasty bruschetta and nothing beats steamed, fresh green beans drizzled with a little olive oil and lemon and topped off with cracked black pepper and sea salt.

Simple, yet perfect.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It is a huge accomplishment (and a confidence-builder) to get that first dinner made! Good for you!