Monday, October 24, 2011

holiday cards: planning ahead

I strive to accomplish two tasks by December 1st: have the tree up and decorated and place my stack of Christmas cards in the mail. With a newborn this year, we'll see if either gets done at all, let alone by December 1st. However, it's only October and I already have the photo for our Christmas card, which is usually half the battle. There's still hope. 

Hands down, my photo card designer of choice for any occasion is Tiny Prints. Their elegance, selection, and quality can't be beat. I already have Mason's birth announcements picked out, and I've had a ball browsing their holiday line recently.

I tend to be a new classic or a vintage type of girl.  Here are some of my favorites.

I love this card's simple elegance.

Most Merry

I'm also a sucker for cards with multiple images that fold in neat ways.
Studio Shots



I can't resist the full bleed photo cards, though. The photo is the focus of the card, rather than the text, which I love.


Snow Blooms

Blessings Be Yours

How will I ever choose?

Disclosure: Tiny Prints provided me 50 free Christmas cards for writing this post, but all opinions are my own.

5 comments:

Solitary Diner said...

I love the "For unto us a child is born" card! So much cuteness.

diana onorio funk said...

you HAVE to go with the "for unto us a child is born" card!! you just have to!!

rebecca.d.winnett said...

I love this site too! In fact I'm using their sister site, weddingpaperdivas.com for my wedding invites which come in this week and I can't wait to see them!

Jennifer said...

The Christmas tree will be much, much easier to accomplish this year than next, when Mason is mobile! Enjoy!

@rdweatherly said...

Joe and I are staying home for the holidays this year. I figured if I got the tree up a week before Christmas, I'd be doing good, and we don't even send cards. Ha!! I have full faith that you will conquer as always, and with Mason, it will be an adventure!