Tuesday, September 13, 2011

the winner

both copies, now well worn
Brad finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo on Saturday! He beat Baby. I have never seen my husband more thrilled (or relieved) than when he slapped the book shut, announced he had finished, and placed the book with the other "completed" (completed by me, that is) classics on our bookshelf. I'd forgotten how much Brad needs a major deadline in some situations.

We both enjoyed the book and are glad we read it. And now that we've both finished, we can say that. Brad has new appreciation for my reading War and Peace last year. The Count is the longest book he's ever read.

I don't know if we'll ever do another married reading challenge again, but if we do, we need to select a shorter book and make sure that a firm deadline is on the horizon.

No comments: