Thursday, September 29, 2011

to tide you over

Gentle Readers, I have pictures and Mason-related posts in the pipeline, but I've not yet resumed my normal level of productivity. (Will I ever?) I've started a digital baby book for Mason, which is essentially another blog, that will contain more pictures and details about our son than you could ever care about. Once I get some momentum going with the first few entries, which I hope will be within the next week, I'll share the link and you can follow that blog, too, if you wish.

I'm working on an entry that details Mason's birth story, which I will post here as soon as it's ready. Stay tuned.

So many of you have asked to see more pictures. Here are a few that I hope will tide you over for now.

I have yet to capture Mason's sweet smile on camera, but here's my best effort thus far. This picture was taken as we were leaving the hospital--his looks have already changed so much since then!


Here he is, several days later, with his eyes open. It's hard to see in the picture, but he has dark blue eyes, like his mama. We'll see if they stay that way.


Mason has more hair than what you can see in pictures. His hair is mostly blond, with some sandy brown pieces. In certain light, or when he's next to Brad, I sometimes think I see rust highlights, but that could be wishful thinking. He's definitely not a true redhead like his daddy is, but that's okay. We still think he's pretty cute anyway!

From the front, he looks rather bald, but notice the plethora of hair on the back of his head. In the picture below, I think the hair on the back of his head looks similar to Brad's hair color, but again, that could be wishful thinking.


More to come soon!

12 comments:

ASP said...

Oh, he's such a doll and look how happy Brad looks! So incredibly sweet! Olivia had a mullet when she was born and has finally "grown" into it. I know you're enjoying every second of being a momma! ;)

tnthomas1 said...

He is so darn cute. I even see a little smile when he was going home.

Organized Living by Amy said...

pretty freaking cute Rebecca! there's still hope his hair might turn red.

SusanL said...

So cute and so sweet! Thanks for some pictures!! Hoping the hair will be red :)

Red Stethoscope said...

Thanks for posting pictures! What an adorable baby!

(I agree that the last picture does look like he had your hubby's hair color. Win!)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh Rebecca -Mason is adorable! Such a sweet little peanut!

KK

Heather Nelson said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! He's a cutie for sure.

Amy said...

He's so beautiful! I love that one of him smiling in his car seat!! I'm looking forward to more!!

Emily said...

This makes me so happy! Rejoicing with you, sweet friend!

AMRJ said...

So impressed you have been able to post! Mason is to cute!

Stacy said...

He is such a sweet adorable guy!!! I are still rejoicing for you and Brad, thanks for posting some pics :)
Love the smile, and am hoping with you for the beautiful red hair!

@rdweatherly said...

How could I ever get enough of that sweet face?!? Thank you for sharing. I am so happy for your whole little family. It brings me great joy thinking about you -- a ray of sunshine. Bless all of your hearts!