Wednesday, September 21, 2011

quick update

Gentle Readers, thanks so much for your kind comments, emails, texts, phone calls, etc. since Mason's birth! I cannot believe four days have already passed and I have not responded to one person yet--that's not like me at all. Please know that I truly appreciate your prayers and well wishes. I'll come down to earth eventually, but right now I'm consumed with my baby's sweet, chubby cheeks.

I'm finding the physical recovery from giving birth much worse than labor and delivery itself. My days are consumed with Mason's needs first, and then attending to whichever part of my body is in the most agony at the moment. Brad is a very hands-on daddy and hubby, and he is my lifesaver and such a blessing to me. I knew he'd be an involved daddy from the beginning, but he's far surpassed my expectations. We're cherishing every moment of this week we have at home alone together with our baby before Brad returns to work soon. We're having so much fun learning how to be a family of three!

Emotionally, I am a complete wreck, but thus far, 100% of my tears thus far have been joyful ones. I have never cried this much in my life, for any reason, but especially not for happy ones. I know that the tiredness, physical discomfort, and stress will catch up with me eventually, and I'll shed plenty of non-joyful tears, but for now, Brad and I are happily weepy on a daily basis. God is so good. We have a baby! It really happened! Mason is the child that God intended for us, and we could not be more overjoyed or thankful for him.

6 comments:

SusanL said...

So incredibly happy for you right now!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and squeeze his cheeks for me :)

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

I've been picturing the three of you in a sweet cocoon of joy and it sounds like that is just what you are experiencing! Make sure that you take advantage of Brad being home this week to rest and try to avoid stairs as much as you can (I know that is difficult!), that will help your physical recovery. xoxoxo

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

P.S. We'll all happily not ask for a response IF you post more pictures!!! Upload a few to Facebook, pretty please!!!! :)

Organized Living by Amy said...

Yay! Glad you all are doing well.

BBH said...

I'm so happy for you! And I agree with the previous poster, less replying and more pictures!

KtownP said...

So thrilled to read this post. Enjoy these moments and don't worry about the rest of the world. We're all here when you are ready!!!