Friday, September 9, 2011

last day

Today is my last day of work for 2011! Lord willing, Baby will arrive safe and sound and remain alive and healthy, and I'll return to work on January 3, 2012. I'm incredibly thankful for plenty of weeks of banked sick and annual leave--there are perks to working at the same institution for 11 years--and the generosity of my boss that allow me to take an extended leave.

I am thrilled that Baby has cooperated by allowing me to work through this day. Let's hope this obedience continues after he or she arrives!

9 comments:

BBH said...

Yay! Congrats!

SusanL said...

Yay!!!!

Organized Living by Amy said...

Congrats! That's a lot of time off!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Yay! I wasn't sure of this actual date but I've been thinking of you and hoping that you made it to the date that you and your boss had agreed upon. Woo hoo!!! So, here's my advice for your time before baby arrives...put your feet up and rest/nap/sleep in. SERIOUSLY! (And having said that, I'm sure you have a list of projects you want to finish, but try to make time for rest each day!!)

Kelly said...

Wow! That's an awesome leave. Congrats!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I am so thrilled for you!! Enjoy the last few days before your little one arrives. And be sure you schedule in a little time to relax too.

Katie said...

Enjoy these few last days before everything changes! I look forward to hear of Baby's arrival!

Esther said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to hear of baby's arrival!

Emily said...

Hurray! Can't wait to meet your little one!