Wednesday, September 14, 2011

happy due date!

Praise the Lord that Baby and I made it to this day, Baby's due date, September 14th! Baby, you are allowed to come anytime after 2 p.m., after the congressional hearing that Daddy is in charge of today concludes. Thank you for being such an obedient baby thus far. Now that we're giving you the green light to come on, we'll see how obedient you really are!

I am celebrating this day with a long walk and possibly a little running that will hopefully spur on labor soon, now that we're officially ready for Baby to arrive. I've missed long runs on the National Mall these past nine months, and I plan to make the 5.5 mile loop from our house to the Washington Monument and back this morning. Don't worry. I'll take water and snacks with me, and even some cash in case I get too tired and need to catch a cab home (or to the hospital!).

I've run and walked regularly throughout this pregnancy, but I've kept the distances short, never farther than three miles at a time. Now, I will increase the distance each day in earnest. If today's outing doesn't send me into labor, tomorrow's plan involves seven miles to the Lincoln Memorial and back. It's like marathon training all over again, just on a condensed schedule. Let's hope Baby arrives before I feel compelled to repeat my 10+-mile routes.

7 comments:

tnthomas1 said...

Great news! Look forward to reading baby topics.

ASP said...

Oooooooooh, yeah! What an exciting day and I hope all that running jiggles a little someone loose! ;) Looking forward to hearing *the* birth story soon! ;)

allison k. said...

Yay!

The Fledgling Mom said...

Soo happy for you!

Amy said...

So exciting! What great news. Have a wonderful run!

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

I'm so excited and happy for you!!

Solitary Diner said...

Wishing you all the best. I'm thoroughly impressed that you're managing to run on your due date. I can't even manage to drag my non-pregnant self out running on a regular basis.