Thursday, August 11, 2011

one bump saves the other

I have a love-hate relationship with Brad's and my GPS. I rarely use it because it usually sends me on a scenic route, but I took it with me on a recent excursion when I didn't know where I was going. I figured that listening to the GPS would be easier (and safer) than trying to read my printed directions while driving.

I printed off a copy of the directions to my final destination as insurance. And as I expected, the GPS went wacky on me at one point. As I sat at a red light and consulted my printed directions to figure out the correct way to go, I was startled by a firm bump, and then I realized, with horror, that my foot had slipped off the brake and my car rolled a foot or so downhill to bump the rear of the car in front of me. 

The other driver and I both put on our hazards and got out of our respective cars to inspect the damage. My car didn't roll more than a foot, and I didn't hit her car hard at all, so I wasn't too worried, but I still apologized profusely because this incident was completely my fault.

This woman, who initially looked irritated, took one long look at my belly bump and said, "You know, I'm not going to worry about this at all. Are you okay? You have a good day." She smiled at me, hopped back in her car, and drove away.

There wasn't any damage, but this woman could have made this tougher on me than she did. My belly bump saved me a whole lot of hassle.

3 comments:

SusanL said...

Glad you're okay! And I'm glad the woman was so kind to you.

ASP said...

Phew, you be careful! Happy you're okay and keep you're foot on the brake! ;) I've done the same thing so I have zero room to talk!

BBH said...

Aww, I'm glad she was nice! I'm also glad you're OK!