Wednesday, August 31, 2011

in or out?

Until I read my friend's blog post about lessons learned during her pregnancy, I assumed every woman's belly button protruded at some point during pregnancy.

With two weeks to go until my due date, my belly button still hasn't completely popped* out yet--the top edge sticks out, and the rest of it is either flush with my stomach or depressed. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed not to have a full-fledged outtie. I think they are hilarious and when else in my life will I ever have one? I was looking forward to to taping it down each day with a band-aid!

What about you? Did you end up with an outtie during pregnancy? And if so, how long did it take to return to normal after you gave birth?

*I hesitate to use this word after my recent rant, but I can tolerate it when describing a belly button. 

11 comments:

Organized Living by Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Organized Living by Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Organized Living by Amy said...

I'm pretty sure my popped out. It wasn't ridiculously pointy, but I'm sure you could tell if I was wearing a tight shirt. I'm might have band-aided it a few times.

Kelly said...

Mine is the same as yours. A little edge kind of sticks out, but most of it is pretty flush with the rest of my stomach. My husband REALLY wants it to pop out.

Momma Fid said...

I had three kids and by belly button stayed a complete innie all three times.

kerryandtorey said...

my belly button stayed in and still looks pretty much the same. However, I disagree about knowing when you are in labor- I was in full blown labor and had zero pain. Lucky me :-)

Sorry Sarah said...

Thanks for the shout-out! :)

BBH said...

I don't know if mine will pop out, but I think it would be cute. I also reeeeeally want a linea nigra.

Amy said...

Stayed an inny for me all three times.

Heather N. said...

I don't think I even had a belly button left by the end of my pregnancy with my twins. :-)

Jen V. said...

MIne popped out. I didn't like it so I taped it down with a band-aid daily. Someone else posted about linea nigra... had that too... didn't go away for a loooonnnng time....