Wednesday, August 24, 2011

full term

Please join me in praising God for reaching the full-term mark of pregnancy today!

Each day of this pregnancy, I have reminded myself how lucky I am. Whenever I want to complain about hemorrhoids, constipation, sleepless nights, soreness, nausea, fatigue, being hot, or other undesirable side effects, I think of couples I know still praying for God to make them pregnant or to help them sustain a pregnancy. I'd rather this baby NOT arrive before his or her due date, no matter how uncomfortable I feel, and I'd be delighted to deliver a few days late. But even if I were tempted to wish for the baby to be born now (and complain that he or she hasn't arrived yet), I think of mothers who deliver premature babies and would have loved to see their due dates come and go rather than have a child in the NICU.

I think of my colleague and friend, years ago, whose baby died in utero one day before her due date. Can you imagine? Yes,  I am still grounded about my pregnancy. The Lord is in charge and only he knows how this will all turn out.

My heart is thankful for reaching today's milestone, and I pray I continue to be thankful each day, no matter how I am feeling, physically or emotionally. God is good. And he is faithful.

I don't plan to share my progress (or lack of) toward delivery here or anywhere else. But know that as soon as Brad and I have something to announce, Lord willing, and we can get our hands on a laptop, you'll read the news here. So stay tuned, Gentle Readers. And thanks for your continued prayers and encouragement during these coming weeks.

4 comments:

lnipaver said...

Yay! Looking forward to reading about the baby's arrival in the next 3 weeks!

Emily said...

Rebecca,

Hurray, hurray and hurray! Rejoicing with you in God's provision.

Love,

Emily

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You're in the home stretch! am just so excited for y'all!!

KK

Katie said...

Thinking of you! xoxo, K