Thursday, July 21, 2011

weird symptoms

When I had my annual eye exam in March, my doctor warned me that corneas can expand during pregnancy as other organs do. I've never heard any friends talk about their contacts being uncomfortable later in pregnancy, so I didn't pay much attention to his comments.

But I've now reached the point where my contacts feel too small, are overly dry, and I can't see very well most days. At least I have cute glasses as a back up!

The vertigo, another symptom no friend has mentioned to me, has hit. I have to lie down, sit up, and stand up slowly and carefully or the room spins like I've had too much to drink.

What unusual pregnancy symptoms did you experience?

9 comments:

Jen V said...

The soles of my feet hurt so badly! It mostly went away after J was born. But, I recently received a plantar fasciitis diagnosis for my left foot, and I think it's left-over pregnancy stuff. :-(

a.k. said...

My vision suffered, especially at night, so no night driving for me. I just had an eye exam last week and my vision is still not like it used to me (6 months later).

Don't know if this is weird but no one told me about night sweats. yeah, nothing like waking up in a puddle of your own sweat.

Roccie said...

Oh my law, hurry and take a picture of your ankles while you still have them.

I began to question if I really had cankles all along...

Roccie said...

Oh and I can call gingivitis at 20 yards.

kerryandtorey said...

I had a continual runny nose and congestion the entire time. Plus, my eyes changed.

And, the night sweats were a post-pregnancy thing I was not aware of. It was gross!

Jen V. said...

yes, no one told me about night sweats post-partum either. it was not nice at all!

Dr. Blondie said...

Wait, what are these night sweats?! No one has told me about these until now. And I was hoping my normal temperature would return immediately after pregnancy!

Heather Nelson said...

Well, I don't know about night sweats, but I have never been so hot as I was after Grant was born. I could not cool off to save my life. Perhaps it was because I was wearing a baby everywhere I went, but I was HOT. Weird hormones I suppose. :)

Bsblchik said...

At beginning of pregnancy: insanely acute sense of smell. After pregnancy: hair coming out in chunks in shower. crazy. Thankfully I have a TON of hair! :)