Monday, July 25, 2011

july jitters

Have you ever had a bad day or month that made you leery of that particular day or month in future years? I've never considered myself a superstitious person, but when my recent 30- and 32-week OB appointments coincidentally fell on the same dates last summer that I found out I had miscarried twins and the D&C that followed, I felt a little freaked out and anxious.

Last year's weepiness, despair, and physical discomfort on that D&C day were countered by this year's uneventful 32-week check-up and accepting delivery of the nursery furniture. What a difference a year makes.

Although I'll never again be one of those pregnant women who is blissfully ignorant of the miracle and fragility of human life, I've learned more about the Lord's sovereignty and faithfulness over the past year than I ever would have had that first pregnancy gone perfectly. Praise God for healing, and for strengthening faith through sorrow.

3 comments:

Diane Mannina said...

So encouraging to see you reflecting back on God's faithfulness to you. Getting more and more excited for your big day!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Here's a fun thought...just imagine what your life might be like on those dates NEXT year!

Roccie said...

Great post.