Wednesday, June 29, 2011

more finds, progress, and a vision

I've lucked out on the MOTH list serv with two more baby items: a space-saving play mat that's in great shape and a Snap 'N Go that fits the car seat my friend gave us.

Looks like fun and takes up little space--a double win!

I am particularly excited about the Snap 'N Go because I would have registered for one if I hadn't found it for free. This system, which conveniently works with the car seat we already have, will get us through the first few months of transporting Baby around, and then we'll switch over to a high-end jogging stroller that is sturdy enough to survive treacherous Capitol Hill sidewalks. 

Odd to see this foreign contraption on my deck...
In other news, Brad and I selected and ordered the nursery furniture and crib bedding, which is progress! We're now emptying our guest room and preparing to paint before the furniture and bedding are delivered in the next month or two. This baby's arrival is beginning to feel like more of a reality, although there is still plenty that can happen between now and then, so I'm continuing to stay grounded and to turn my fears over to the Lord. He's the only one who knows how this will all play out anyway.

Having the furniture and bedding selected and ordered is the first step in my vision for the nursery, which involves dark, cherry wood, and a palette of neutrals (cream, taupe, and chocolate) that we will accent after the baby is born (and we know the sex) with either fuchsia or a bright, turquoise-like blue. Know that I won't post pictures of the nursery until it's finished, which won't be until the baby is home and settled, Lord willing, and all accents are in place. So, it may be a while, but I'll post pictures of the final product eventually. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

SusanL said...

So glad for you! Can't wait to see pictures of the finished nursery.

BBH said...

Very nice!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Soooo overjoyed for y'all! Just look at all that fun baby stuff filling up your house-love it! Are things starting to feel real now or are you still feeling super unsure?

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Awesome! I think the snap and go and then a jogger is definitely the way to go and the color scheme sounds lovely!

Lisa said...

My friend also bought a contraption that allowed you to attach the seat to the jogging stroller. http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Car-Seat-Adaptor/dp/B00155UGTO/ref=sr_1_23?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1309367247&sr=1-23

Susannah said...

I used the snap n go for the first time today with Wesley amd it was super easy and convenient. I bought mine used and for very little money. So happy that you're progressing and adding things for little one to your home!

Anonymous said...

I have that exact Snap & Go and I love it. It's super light weight and is perfect - even now w/ a 5 month old.
allison k.

@rdweatherly said...

I posted this link on your Facebook wall after I saw someone had congratulated you publicly. Then, I promptly removed it after I saw your comment on said post. Decided to put it here instead. :)

This immediately made me thought of you:
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2009/06/16/hand-on-a-hardbaby/

You're vision sounds beautiful. If we can help at all, please let us know. We've mastered painting. :)