Monday, June 27, 2011

June recipe challenge: crepes farcies et roulees with fondue de volaille

Or, if you need a translation, June's recipe challenge involved making French crepes with a creamy, chicken filling. Because every recipe challenge thus far has come from Julia Child's cookbooks, I decided to continue the French theme, and what is more authentic to the French than crepes?

This recipe wasn't as difficult as others have been, but like all the others, it involved many steps and took hours to complete, so I think it still qualifies as my monthly challenge.

I made the crepe batter in the afternoon because it had to chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours. It was easy and I loved being able to use my blender to make dinner.

crepe batter

I cut the crepe recipe in half and I'm so glad I did because making the crepes took a while. Notice the clock in the photo below says "6:25". I think it was after 8 before Brad and I ate dinner.

crepe station in action

Assembling the dish reminded me of making Mexican enchiladas.


the French version of Mexican enchiladas

I served this dish with steamed broccoli and our favorite salad.

dinner
This recipe's a winner! I would make it again.

2 comments:

Kelli Elisabeth said...

Yum! These look amazing- great work!

Kelly said...

Those look delicious! Makes me want to try it out.