Tuesday, April 12, 2011

recommended reading

I recently came across this article of how to support those challenged by infertility and I thought it was really good and also applicable to supporting people who have experienced pregnancy loss. Everyone's experience is different, but I agree with most of the author's suggestions and would probably add a few of my own. So, if you'd like some advice on how to support a friend dealing with infertility or pregnancy loss, check it out. It's a quick, but helpful, read.

1 comment:

Heather N. said...

Wow, I get to be the first to comment. You're right. This article is good! I can't tell you how many of those awkward items on her list were said to me! Everything from asking if I had been charting my temps (5 years into our infertility - we were so over that by then!) to offering donor eggs. My biggest pet peeve during infertility was when people would complain about how hard pregnancy was or how difficult life with kids was. I've made an effort (though sadly I have failed numerous times) not to complain about my kids or being pregnant. I remember what life was like without them and what an answer to prayer they are. Thanks for posting.