Monday, April 25, 2011

going from one to two

In November of 2005, my beloved, sporty, red Toyota Celica died. Brad had just gotten a parking permit for the lot closest to his office (after waiting 16 months for it), but he graciously gave it up and started taking the metro so I could take our other car to work each day. We had planned on being a one-car family for just a few months to save money.

Well, five and a half years have passed and we finally bought our second car last week!

I wonder how many miles my sweet husband has walked in the past five and a half years. Or how many times he's had to deal with crowded trains or metro delays. Or how often he's stayed home on a Saturday because I wanted the car for a girls outing, and staying home was just easier for him than figuring out an alternative form of transportation to do whatever he wanted or needed to do.

I insisted that our new car be primarily his. He's earned it.

Today is Brad's first day driving the new car to work, and I'm already scheming about the errands he can resume now that he has his own wheels! But, for now, I'll give him a break. I'll wait at least a couple of weeks before I start hinting about grocery store runs!

3 comments:

Carol C said...

Congratulations! Don't leave us hanging like that-what kind of car did you buy??

Dr. Blondie said...

Oh, sorry! We got a 2011 Honda Accord EXL. It was a demo car, so we got a new car (with a few more bells and whistles than we would have paid for), but didn't pay that new-car price!

R. said...

Congrats on the new car. Thanks for the support you have shown me.