Wednesday, April 27, 2011

20

Mile 20 of marathons is my favorite mile. Sure, you're exhausted and in severe pain by that point, but physically and mentally, it's a huge milestone. And, although the last 6.2 miles are the longest and most painful of the entire race, you know you're almost done. And even more importantly, you know you'll finish. Quitting isn't an option after running 20 miles.

Today is week 20 of pregnancy for me. Praise God that Baby is still growing and developing normally. I've dreamed of this milestone, but I never thought I'd see it.

And yet, now that I'm here, the finish line feels light years away. In some ways, I feel like I've barely started the race at all. There's still much to experience, think about, and do. I pray these next 20 weeks go as smoothly as the first 20 have. Praise God for carrying Baby and me this far!

8 comments:

lnipaver said...

great to hear you are halfway:)

Andrea said...

These next 20 weeks are amazing and go by so quickly! We are so excited for you and Brad!

Red Stethoscope said...

Halfway point! Things are probably going to pick up more quickly than you anticipate. And yes, praise God for making it this far! I have never been pregnant myself, so this is hearsay, but I am told that the worst (1st trimester) is over! :)

JerseyVol said...

Congratulations Rebecca! 20 weeks is HUGE and I'm very happy for you and Brad. Hopefully we will get to celebrate with you soon!

Coleman said...

That is so wonderful! I'm so glad to hear how well you are doing. Your blogs are amazing in sharing all you are going through. You are so strong!

Amy said...

Oops. I posted from Coleman's google account again. Sorry - that was me, Amy!!

Kelly said...

The halfway point! Yay!

Keep hangin' in there, baby.

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Half way! So wonderful. Yes, the second half will be long and tiring, but also, hopefully very smooth sailing. xo