Thursday, January 13, 2011

the skinny

I know most of you fashionistas are years ahead of me on this trend, but I finally broke down and bought some skinny jeans. Are skinny jeans still in style? Or did I miss that boat completely?

I've been wanting to transition to the skinny look for about two years now. And my hesitation to do so has not been with my legs--as a runner, my legs are the most toned part of my body--but with my feet. Boot cut and flare styles hide size 10 feet much better than skinny legs do.

I bought two great pairs of tall boots and I love my skinny jeans tucked neatly inside them. My feet don't look gargantuan in the boots. But I don't know what to do when spring arrives and I must retire the boots and pull out the flats. Heels elevate feet, making them appear smaller, and should be okay with skinny jeans, but with flats, well, I might as well be wearing skis.

Does anyone else obsess over these details like I do?

And, more importantly, does anyone have any suggestions for what to do when spring arrives?

11 comments:

Coach Boots said...

I like "Gone With The Wind",the heroine Scarlett O'Hara would like wear her beautiful clothing and her deep belief,match with the Tiffany Jewelry and Necklaces not beauty but loveliness.When she was in trouble she always told herself:tomorrow is another day.
I like this word:"Whatever comes I'll love you just as I do now until I die."How about you?

KtownP said...

My opinion - try some neutral flats. I think a neutral shade brings less attention to your feet. But really, you are the only one noticing your foot size. I promise!

Organized Living by Amy said...

definitely still in and I wear mine all the time. I'm basically over heels, except at work. My non-work attire consists of skinny jeans, flats, or tall flat "riding boots". I wouldnt worry about the feet and embrace the comfort!

Hi, my name is Kerri and I'm a shoeaholic! said...

You should try kitten heels (almost flats) or more structured flats - those both look great with skinny jeans and the more structure is better and can also help hide a larger foot!

Doctor Blondie said...

Skinny is here to stay for a while I think. Just don't wear the shoes the model in your pics wear, and you should be fine.
And nobody notices feet. A good friend of mine also wears a size 10 shoe, despite being 3in shorter than me. I only noticed this after I've known her for 3 years and I put my shoes next to hers.

BBH said...

I'm jealous of your new skinny jeans! I want some but can't pull them off!

AMRJ said...

Too funny! i also just purchased my first pair of skinny jeans, although, I haven't gotten up the guts to wear them yet in public! Where did you find your shoes? I need a good pair of boots to go with them!

Jennifer V said...

so where did you get them? particular brand you liked? i need some new jeans, but i really, really despise jean shopping!

i had a good laugh with my morning coffee over this post yesterday morning! :-)

Stacy said...

Let me know how it goes! I likewise suffer from the size 10 feet - and that is the same reason I have not switched! I may have to though if it goes well for you. I don't do well in heels though, and it makes me too tall for Jack :) And I never noticed that you were a fellow larger-footed gal :) You're blog is always a welcome read, thanks for keeping up with it!

shessolucky said...

Since you're comfortable in heels, wear them with heels all year round. A dark pair of skinnies, and a long top/sweater with heels (or riding boots) is comfortable and flattering to almost everyone. Have fun!

kerryandtorey said...

Like you I was skeptical of the skinny jeans but I bought my first pair in the fall and I do like them (I have also added some skinny pants for work into the mix). I usually go with the ballet flats with mine (I am a size 9).

And, the skinny jeans look really cute on Hadley too!