Wednesday, January 5, 2011

a plant lover's paradise

Brad and I went to the United States Botanic Garden one day last week. It's right by the Capitol, and an easy walk from our house.

Being the plant lover that I am, I questioned why I am just now visiting this paradise!

We stopped for a picture in the Fern Room, in honor of our beloved Fern, who is technically not a fern.

Fern Room
I loved the orchid room.

Orchid Room
So pretty!

Why don't my orchids look like this?
Small models of Capitol Hill rowhouses surrounded the giant Christmas tree. As neighbors of the United States Botanic Garden, we appreciated this personal touch.

tiny rowhouses
We loved the models of the United States Capitol, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, White House, Washington Monument, Library of Congress, Smithsonian Castle, and Supreme Court.

posing by the U.S. Capitol
We climbed through the jungle, visited Hawaii, and admired the cacti in the Desert Room. What a great way to see the world's plants without the hassle of traveling!

No comments: