Wednesday, January 19, 2011

i could live there

Ever since I moved to DC in 2000, I have found an excuse to visit New York City at least once a year, sometimes twice, since 2001, with the exception of the past two years. Because we were long overdue for a visit, Brad and I went this past weekend, and we had a ball!

We hit some of our old standbys: Tea Spot in the Village and brunch at Good Enough to Eat on the Upper West Side. Thanks to a friend's recommendation, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner on Saturday night at The Little Owl in the West Village. This restaurant was perfect: tiny (only about 10 tables), neighborhoody (i.e. no tourists), delicious food, and most importantly (to me anyway), low lighting and a terrific atmosphere. Our waitress there recommended grabbing an after-dinner drink at Little Branch, a basement lounge in a nondescript building right down the street, which we did.

Brad and I like to pretend we're locals when we're in NYC, with the exception of seeing a Broadway show, which is a staple for us. This trip's selection included Wicked, which now ranks among my favorite Broadway shows.

I love, love, love New York City. Each time we visit, Brad and I talk endlessly about where we would live if we moved there. But, I'm conflicted. Am I a Village or an Upper West Side girl? I love both. I see the benefits and drawbacks of both. And I am completely torn.

I guess we'll have to stay in DC until we figure it out.

5 comments:

kerryandtorey said...

Fun trip! I do love to visit New York but I don't think I could live there :-)

Organized Living by Amy said...

How fun...we do the same when we visit New York too. I like The Village.

Kelly said...

I've always wanted to go. Someday...

Doctor Blondie said...

New York sound epic. I'm going to go there, someday... Meanwhile I'll just have to settle with planning trips to London, Paris, Amsterdam...
Did you know I used to live 4h by train away from Paris?

shessolucky said...

You could definitely live here. The Village is a favorite but I am sensing you guys are UWS people... come back again, so glad you had a great trip!